Please review the following general volunteer guidelines.
- Assist registered swimmers with receiving the NACS packets and event information on Saturday, June 11- locations and times TBA.
- Volunteer opportunities are at NACS event Sunday June 12, 2016 as well as brief times for pre-event on Saturday June 11, 2016.
- As the Swim approaches, we will let you know your shift time and location as well as provide you with more information about your role. Volunteer registration for the 2016 New Amsterdam City Swim is now open.
- Online volunteer registration will close Wednesday June 8th, 2016. Volunteers must register online in advance; walk-ups will not be accepted.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your shift.
- Please plan to work for your entire assigned shift. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please check out with your Volunteer Captain.
- Volunteers will receive a T-shirt as a thank-you when you check in. We will do our best to accommodate size requests.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
- If you need to cancel or switch shifts, you must e-mail email@example.com.
When you are a volunteer for the New Amsterdam City Swim, we ask you to honor these standards of conduct:
- Conduct yourself as a friendly, responsible, informative, and respectful representative of the New Amsterdam City Swim.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants and other volunteers.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering, including in social media postings of any kind.
- The use of drugs and tobacco are prohibited on the Hudson River Park’s Piers.
- Follow the directions of your Volunteer Captains.
Benefits of being a Volunteer
- All confirmed volunteers who commit to one shift will get free entrance to the Finish Festival.
- Get the wonderful feeling of doing your part in this unique event to raise money for ALS research.