Volunteer Captains are ambassadors for the New Amsterdam City Swim on Sunday, June 12, 2016. Together with the Event Planning Team (MDC) and vendors, our Volunteer Captains help manage many aspects of the event to ensure it runs smoothly. We do our best to ensure that every volunteer has a positive experience and that the needs of the organization, participants, sponsors and spectators are met.
Volunteer Captain role:
- Supervise, lead, guide and assist a group of volunteers on June 12th at the 2016 New Amsterdam City Swim.
- While on site, you will give an orientation to the volunteers in your area and help with volunteer check-in and supervise cleanup of areas.
- Act as a liaison between MDC and volunteers under your supervision.
- Communicate with MDC staff before and after the swim.
- Follow all New Amsterdam City Swim and MDC guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements of a Volunteer Captain:
- Communicate effectively, have good interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Be resourceful and have a positive attitude.
- Have regular access to the internet and a mobile phone.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Be able to participate for the full volunteer shift designated for your area, plus an hour before your volunteers are scheduled to arrive and an hour after your volunteers check out.
- Be able to dial in to a conference call scheduled for the 2016 New Amsterdam City Swim Volunteer Captains on Friday, June 10, 2016. Time to be announced.
Benefits of being a Volunteer Captain
- Exercise your leadership skills.
- Get the wonderful feeling of doing your part and being a leader in this unique event to raise money for ALS research.